Available Courses > UPDATED : Period of PURPLE Crying Training for Military Providers
UPDATED : Period of PURPLE Crying Training for Military Providers 0.00 Register Now
This is the updated course that includes new research and a new design. This course will educate and prepare military providers to deliver the evidence-based Period of PURPLE Crying education and materials to parents. The course contains five lessons and a quiz assessment that will take approximately 1-1.5 hours to complete. At the completion of this course, military providers should feel confident in delivering the Period of PURPLE Crying program to families and answering their questions. The lessons included in this course are:
- Lines of evidence and rationale for the Period of PURPLE Crying;
- Principles of soothing and strategies that can be taught to parents;
- How parents can cope with soothing that doesn’t work;
- Ways for parents to keep their baby safe;
- Implementation protocol and delivering the Period of PURPLE Crying program to families; and
- Review of the newly updated Period of PURPLE Crying app.
Lessons two (2), three (3) and four (4) specifically address information that is provided in the supplemental video, Crying, Soothing and Coping: Doing What Comes Naturally.
As of May 7, 2021
This program is approved by The National Association of Social Workers (Approval #886545124-7447) for 1.5 continuing education contact hour through 05/31/2022.
As of June 23, 2020:
This nursing continuing professional development activity was approved by the Ohio Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation (OBN-001-91)
Approval valid through 06/18/2022. ONA # 2020-0000000408.
For 1.5 Nursing contact hours.