Available Courses > Basic Shaken Baby Syndrome Training
Basic Shaken Baby Syndrome Training 50.00 Register Now
This course provides a basic understanding of the effects of Shaken Baby Syndrome/Abusive Head Trauma (SBS/AHT) and how we think it can be prevented. The two (2) lessons included with this training are:
Lesson 1 - Introduction to SBS/AHT
- History of SBS/AHT
- Mechanisms of Injury
- Signs, Symptons & Prognosis
- Perpetrator & Victim Characteristics
- Situational Factors Contributing to SBS/AHT
Lesson 2 - Prevention and Surveillance
- Research History
- Who do the Prevention Efforts Reach?
- When are the Prevention Efforts Taught?
- What Information is Taught?
- Surveillance Efforts
- Course Survey
This training is intended for parents and other caregivers, childcare workers, and students.